Subaru Tuning that affects CVT Operations & Performance by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)
XRT have continue to master the operations and performance of the CVT through tuning and customer feedback and based on the results, we are offering that edge in tuning CVT models like what we did to the 5EAT and the 4EAT.
Generally, the following are expected when tuned (The Transmission Computer is not tuned):
- Quicker shifting
- Firmer shifting
- Appropriate gear selection, if possible, for less labouring or load on the engine
Less ping/knocking due to the transmission wanting to be in high gear all the time.
- Less pedal moving to make the transmission shifting
- Better fuel mileage
- Easy over-taking and maneuvering due to quicker acceleration due to the above points.
- Offers greater shifting and operations. This is the mode many requires if you want to have full control when the transmission shift for hill climbing, racing, over-taking etc.
- Can offers increase response and less throttle lag. Direct throttle control. Now you maybe able to spin those tires on moving off or get that maximum torque to the ground. Transmission Cooler is recommended if you plan to drive her hard with advance CVT indirect tuning.
Graphical review of the CVT vs 5EAT – https://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=692
For further reading and customer reviews, please visit – https://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=695