Satisfied Customer - 3.0RB MY08

Please post your feedback on Xtreme Racing Tuning service to you.
Thank you very much
BrisLiberty

Satisfied Customer - 3.0RB MY08

Post by BrisLiberty »

I have a MY08 3.0RB Liberty which I love, although I have put up with 2 years of pinging and sluggish response, even with 98RON petrol. Subaru were not able/willing to rectify the pinging issue and believed this was "normal" for the car.

I read about Edward's success from this forum and was eager to find out if this tuning could fix the car's problems. My car didn't have rom support available, but this posed no obstacle for Edward as he created his own support.

Upgrading the rom for the first time was a nervous moment as I was concerned I would damage the ecu. However, these concerns were quickly put aside as version V0 proved to be a dramatic improvement as compared to the factory rom. Response was so much better than before and the pinging was all but removed.

We are now up to v5 and I suspect we are close to the final result. The car is so responsive and I've not heard any pinging now for some time which is a great relief. Edward has been very quick to respond to my logs and questions regardless of the time, so I'm not sure when he sleeps!

I now realise the potential of this vehicle and my perseverance for the last 2 years has been rewarded. I find myself taking the "long" way home as I enjoy the drive so much. :D I'd recommend Edward's tune to anyone with a Liberty, particularly the 3.0, as the factory tune is not that good and is not well matched to our fuel.

Regards
BrisLiberty
Novice

Private message
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: Satisfied Customer - 3.0RB MY08

Post by west_minist »

Thank you very much for a lovely review.

Return to “Customer Satisfaction”