2000-2002 Subaru Outback/Legacy/liberty
2003-2009 Subaru Outback/Legacy/Liberty
2006-2007 Subaru Tribeca
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... _EZ_engine
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: ChrisKu - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

Keems3.0R wrote: On to Rom V16..The Throttle Response due to the lag has been adjusted so that when i give it gas, it goes! Its a great feeling...
With the Full exhaust system in place she has a Beautiful Raspy Rumble Created by the Raptor Headers w/High flow Cats. The new exhaust system plus the Ecu tuning allows me to move thru the rpm range ALOT faster than before! Its like night and day from how the 3.0R was before I started tuning with Ed.

Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

We are close to finishing the Ecu tuning, but so far i am BEYOND please with all that ED has done with the 3.0R! :D Once the Kakimoto Racing Intake Chamber arrives/installed itll be the last mod i do for the 3.0R. Minor tuning adjustments might need to be made. Ive just received ROM V17. Review Comming Soon.
west_minist
Site Admin

5EAT Operation after ECU Tuning

Post by west_minist »

Keems3.0R

Post by Keems3.0R »

holy crap, when i thought she couldnt feel any better u go n do V17!!! she feels crazy awsome!!! even better than V16 and I liked that!!! Now she feels like a whole new beast!! I thought she was fast on V16, but V17 puts that to shame!! cant wait to load V18!!
Keems3.0R

Post by Keems3.0R »

Just loaded V19a....took her out for a spin around the block, just to go thru the gears in auto Sport and to get her to downshift from 5th to 4th uphill...then put her in manual Sport and went thru the gears really quik..nothing too aggressive...shifting felt a bit crisper than V18/V19 and possibly a touch quicker on the Gear change...
Like i said, just a short trip around the block, so im not aware of her full potential on V19a til later this afternoon. Ill let you all know how the gear pulls feel/compare to V18/V19 and how she does on the open road with shifting in automatic and manual modes. Downshifting in Manual mode has never really been the problem, its the up shifting that was delayed/lagging. Before tuning with Ed,it would take a few seconds from the time i hit the paddle upshift to actually get it to shift to the next gear. Now its MUCH improved,its like snapping you fingers and your there, in the next gear! Ill shott and post a video for all you guys to show how much faster the paddle shifting is now after tuning! :mrgreen:
west_minist
Site Admin

v19a Partial Critical Data

Post by west_minist »

Current operations is running a gas mixture to reduce pinging. AVCS-Left still laggy.
v19a partial critical data.png
v19a partial critical data.png (131.31 KiB) Viewed 15514 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Missing Firing

Post by west_minist »

Missing only occurring when the below graph conditions are met at deceleration under 3000rpm or for sure 2000rpm when AVCS is non zero or at its max value of 40-50 degrees advance. The Left AVCS is causing the issue, allow air more air that usual into the left side of the Head, causing lean conditions. In addition due to pass logs, this side is a tab leaner sometimes. Injectors should be flow tested, including any vacuum leaks checked.

FYI:
http://www.engine-misfire.com/
http://www.autotap.com/techlibrary/diag ... sfires.asp
http://www.random-misfire.com/
Critical_data - Subaru_H6_3R_Miss-Firing_Caused_by_AVCS-L.png
Critical_data - Subaru_H6_3R_Miss-Firing_Caused_by_AVCS-L.png (26.62 KiB) Viewed 15505 times
Critical_data - Subaru_H6_3R_Miss-Firing_Caused_by_AVCS-L - RPM.png
Critical_data - Subaru_H6_3R_Miss-Firing_Caused_by_AVCS-L - RPM.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 15505 times
Keems3.0R

Post by Keems3.0R »

KakiMoto Racing Intake Chamber Install

Heres some before and after pics of the Kakimoto racing Inatke Chamber Installed On The Legacy 3.0R!! Man does she make the needle fly thru the Rpm Range!! First off the Lower Rpm range is MUCH improved! its like she just wants to go even at 1500rpm it just jumps to 3000rpm like nothing then shoots up to 500rpm and slams thru to redline! its like theres 3 power ranges and everytime it reaches the next one it gets more intense and fast!! You can really hear her gasping in the air and sucking the whole way thru..Its quite impressive! Im very Pleased with the upgrade and it looks awsome compared to that black plastic box behind the throttle body!
The Intake system is nearly finished, just waiting for the BMC OTA to arrive, so i can remove CAI filter element and install the BMC OTA! together the BMC OTA & kakimotor racing intake chamber should be an awsome combo for the intake system!! More updated pics to come once the BMC OTA arrives!!
Attachments
Before Shot With Just CAI installed
Before Shot With Just CAI installed
2015-09-02 10.36.39.jpg (125.53 KiB) Viewed 15492 times
Look at The Comparison! I wish you could see the Baffle inside the Kakimoto Inatke Camber!
Look at The Comparison! I wish you could see the Baffle inside the Kakimoto Inatke Camber!
2015-09-02 10.34.12.png (155 KiB) Viewed 15492 times
Doesnt That Look Beautiful!
Doesnt That Look Beautiful!
2015-09-02 10.33.48.png (120.72 KiB) Viewed 15492 times
Finished!
Finished!
2015-09-02 10.33.21.png (132.38 KiB) Viewed 15492 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Driving Vid

Post by west_minist »

west_minist
Site Admin

v20a1 - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE - 4000Ft Elevation

Post by west_minist »

Subject: V20a1 logs
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 21:26:31 -0700
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>

she felt VERY smooth on the power delivery n smooth overall...
Honestly felt really good in automatic and sport shifting modes in sport and sport sharp(#)
v20a1 - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png
v20a1 - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png (26.18 KiB) Viewed 15630 times

Return to “Subaru H6 3.0”