My Subaru Legacy 2007 3.0R 6MT (ADM)

Please post your feedback on Xtreme Racing Tuning service to you.
Thank you very much
Daytona

My Subaru Legacy 2007 3.0R 6MT (ADM)

Post by Daytona »

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=577
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=457&p=1759#p1759

Hey all,

This is my experience with dealing with XRT (I'm based in New Zealand with an ADM Subaru).

I bought my car around 2012 I think and for quite a while just ran the car stock and doing my own maintenance. When my stereo broke, I started researching how to get some JDM components do I could stick a dual din stereo in.

From then I started modifying my accessories more and more and then over time found out about Raptor superchargers.

I decided I would do the entire exhaust, so long story short I ended up with a brand new exhaust system, Raptor headers, high flow cats, catback - everything is new and 2.5" piping. Pretty much open all the way through except for the cats.

Whilst I was going through this exercise, I contacted Ed and he got back pretty quick from my initial email, basically asking if he could help me out with tuning. The price was very acceptable. Before I contacted Ed I worked out how to use flashing and logging tools which is pretty easy. If you're not too good with computers, I'm sure Ed will be able to step you through it.

Even on the very first update the car felt very different. Very responsive.

I think there were about 7 updates at this point and car was running really well.

Soon after that I got a Raptor intake as well and Ed was able to get my car running awesome on the intake very quickly. Right now I'm on version 11 and car is running great.

I probably spend a lot of time on the highway, so fuel consumption is important for me, the car is getting around 8.6ish at the moment when driving very conservatively. When having fun it goes a bit higher! When I was installing the mods and doing testing, the power increase was quite gradual for me, so I got used to each little bit of power here and there.

The wife then drove the car (so I could here what it sounds like) and she noticed a huge difference. She drove the car in stock form with no modifications and then drove it after all the modifications and tuning. She wanted to keep driving and loved the power increase - very noticable.

I've got no negative feedback or areas where I could suggest room for improvement. Even being quite a large amount of time apart, Ed always replied back to emails quickly and answered any questions and pointed some things out I should try.

Even if you have no mods at all, I would heavily recommend Ed just for the tuning, especially if you have a 3.0.

Hugely appreciated, has drastically changed how my car drives.

Return to “Customer Satisfaction”