H6 3.6R Customer Feedback

Please post your feedback on Xtreme Racing Tuning service to you.
Thank you very much
west_minist
Site Admin

PeterV - 2013 USDM Subaru Outback H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

This is the second OB I'm having Ed tune. I love the way the engine and trans respond so much to Ed's tunes that I'm a repeat customer...my first OB got totaled, right as I was getting ready to do Raptor SC. It had headers and full exhaust and was very finely tuned by Ed, blast to drive, very sad day when it was gone...but she gave her life for mine. She was rear ended by an uninsured & texting driver, I was unhurt except for a couple days of sore neck & back, car even drove home fine, but unibody was rippled from just behind front seats all the way back. So I uninstalled everything I could and started looking for another gen 4 OB.

Got this 2013 3.6 with Eyesight (wish the idiot that rear ended me had it, never would have happened)...I actually hooked up my laptop on the test drive and logged then sent to Ed, within ten minutes he had a health diagnosis: little lean, probably old gas. So I bought her and immediately started preparing her for Ed's tunes: Intake leak testing...only 36K miles but hose clamps were not tight, maf was dirty, brakes upgraded to drilled & slotted with pad upgrade too (really want better than stock brakes with Ed's magic making your ride quicker :D ) , RSB upgrade to keep the rear glued to the road.

Then she was ready, first ROM Ed sent was a huge improvement in driving fun over stock: shift lag GONE, power IMMEDIATE & more. A few more ROMs dialed everything in and Ed let me know she was ready for the headers I saved from my old OB, HOORAY! As I was driving home from the exhaust shop, logging, I was so happy to have that instant power & sound boost, but noticed the low & high rpms were weak...well of course that ROM wasn't tuned for the headers, but it was good enough to keep the CEL from coming on. Sent Ed that log and a few hours later he sent a ROM that really made her rip, tires trying to break loose when I punch it around a corner. I've done a bit of dirt/gravel road driving and she WILL DRIFT now. Of course there's been a few more ROMs...minor driving improvements but mostly Ed tweaking things to ensure long life & reliability. I really like that about Ed, he doesn't stop when the customer is happy, he keeps going till the car is happy to make sure she's healthy for many miles!

So here I am again ready for SC, not sure when though because getting a newer OB devoured all my SC savings...but that leads to an interesting point. As "BANG FOR BUCK" goes, of everything I've spent money on for cars, the XRT tuning is really the best bargain...driving a stock ROM is embarrassing because it performs so poorly. Driving an XRT ROM is AWESOME, it makes the car perform great, just totally tons of fun! Maybe the dyno graphs won't show much gains, I don't care, because I KNOW how much better it feels to drive it, how it shifts, stronger power delivery and response...there's a reason it's called tuning but maybe Ed should add "DIALED IN" cause he sure does!

Thanks Ed!
west_minist
Site Admin

ZackG - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=783

https://www.facebook.com/Giblon/activit ... 3005825655
Edward is a tuning genius and an absolute pleasure to work with. He is patient, thorough and detail-oriented. No shortcuts are taken with his tune. This whole e-tuning concept is very new to me but Edward has inspired a lot of trust and confidence. He always responds promptly! Most importantly, my car (2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R) feels more powerful and responsive, and the 5EAT transmission behaviour is much better, especially in D. I highly recommend Edward and XRT to anyone looking to improve their car’s behaviour and performance!!
west_minist
Site Admin

StaciT - 2014 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=694
Sent: Monday, 6 February 2017 2:57 AM
To: XRT
Subject: Re: TOWNE_v5a_log

Hi Ed,

Oh Ed, you hit a home run with these tweaks to my V5A!! When i drive in automatic, it stays in gear longer before shifting gears. The gas pedal/response from the car is amazing. I feel like the transmission isn't so quick to get to 5th gear.
https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTu ... 6542264301
An XRT Journey
By Staci Towne

This journey all started when I saw a supercharged white Legacy 3.6R; I have a need to be different… so, I decided I wanted to SC my Leggy as well, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? Wow, I decided to travel down an expensive road… now that we've covered my need to go fast, to stand out from the crowd, and the ability to spend a ton of money really well, that's when Ed entered my life.

Ed has shown me that he's extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the H6 motor and 5EATs. He's taken my intake and catback exhaust and made it work better for the car. He's tweaked the 5EAT in such a way that the car isn't in such a hurry to shift through to 5th gear. Here's what I mean, Ed had sent me V5a for my car; I loaded it up and started driving to my friend's house. When I left the red light, I could notice the car staying in gear longer than usual, which I think is nice, higher revs, before shifting into a higher gear. The throttle response is amazing under foot. I can press down a little and there's a responsive downshift in gears when I ask for it. I'm currently waiting for my Raptor headers to ship so I can get that installed and ready for the Raptor SC to ship also. Ed is going to tune my 3.6R all the way to completion of this project. And I'll be honest, he's my tuner for life, sorry Ed, you're stuck with me!!

I started this project as a total noob. I had no idea how to 'flash' my ECU on my car, Ed walked me through the first couple of times. Ed has the patience of a saint when it comes to me as a client. My life doesn't always let me go out and mess around with my car in a timely manner, so Ed has to wait for me… a lot. I'm so grateful for this. He also pushes me when I need it, I'm grateful for this also.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ed is a top-notch tuner and the only tuner that will touch my #LeadFootLegacy. I'm extremely happy to be a part of the XRT family.
west_minist
Site Admin

StevenL - 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6 CVT

Post by west_minist »

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/vie ... 7341#p2458
I found and choose XRT after reviewing other online tuners . I choose XRT for Ed's true professionalism and knowledge ! My 15 legacy 3.6 r is currently on v2c . The car is so responsive and FAST ! The power after each shift points is amazing !!!
RelM

RelM- 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by RelM »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=792

I recently sent Ed a log along with come comments on how my Outback was performing. He replied that he would be glad if I would post the comments here. I am happy to do so, and here is what I said:
During the logging drive today, I noticed that the 5EAT is performing very well. The up shifts are smooth and quick and the down shifts are crisp with little or no delay. That's what I had hoped tuning would do for it.

Also noticed the engine instantly pulling very strongly when floor boarding the accelerator both from a stop in "D" and rolling at 10-15 mph in "2". Rom v1f is a good tune.
My 2012 Outback has really become fun to drive.
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisM - 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6 CVT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=804

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTu ... 1967259661

https://www.facebook.com/chris.moremile ... 0905105265
Im working with Ed on my 2016 Outback 3.6R. he has been so helpful and communicative with each step of the project. Its also quite amazing how fast he responds. He has been working on increasing the responsiveness of the CVT while optimizing the power output of the engine. the car is so much faster to respond now and certainly pulls harder. Certainly makes it easier to merge into traffic.
west_minist
Site Admin

MattB - 2013 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=835
https://www.facebook.com/matt.bowersox. ... 6231278657
Ed has been an excellent source for knowledge and tuning for my legacy 3.6r. Living at 5600 feet, there were changes that needed to be made to get the power I wanted. Ed helped make it happen by recommending me a c85 mix. He has gotten the power up , and his knowledge and expertise still impress me to this day. He is more than timely in responses, and always cares about your questions. I’m clueless when it comes to tuning, and never once did I feel I was annoying/stupid when asking him all of the questions I do. My cars running great and has been on an xrt tune for a year and a half now. It has been a great journey with him and to this day I still reach out and receive help from him with no problems. The tune itself is great, brought my car back to life. It competes with other basic sports cars and leaves me impressed (Wrx/sti, 350z, Genesis 2.0t/3.8, fiesta st, etc) I’ve ran them all, And the car surprises me in every pull. It’s great to have a well informed, communicative tuner who listens to what you actually want from the car. 5/5 would recommend, especially for the price for the services he does and continues to provide.

Thanks a ton , Ed.
west_minist
Site Admin

MitchellF - 2014 USDM Subaru Outback H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=833
https://www.facebook.com/mitchell.fishe ... 2415789289
I am beyond satisfied with the end result of this tune. Ed completely exceeded my expectations. I was nervous at first, letting someone I've never met make changes to my baby's ECU. But through continued conversation, I could tell that Ed is extremely knowledgeable in my car's drivetrain; I felt confident that he knew my car's potential and limits. Frankly, I didn't really know what to expect from this, as I've never done any tuning before, and to be honest, the first few ROMs were good, but not nearly as impressive as I was hoping. But Ed explained the engine was being restricted too much, so that's when I decided put the exhaust on. What a difference that made when coupled with a tune. She was finally breathing better, but like to spark knock (ping) because my fuel was not as good as she deserved; the highest octane I can get in my area is 93. Per Ed's suggestion, I bought a barrel of VP racing fuel and through many logs and ROMs, we found the ideal mixture for my Outback. She's screaming now! The result: a gain of 60 whp! All thanks to Ed and the XRT Racing Team, producing incredible results with friendly attitudes!
Highly recommended 👍
I raced a 2017 Subaru WRX STI at a red light. Jumped out in front about 2 ft on take off and maintained this lead through 65 mph, then he closed the distance between us and beat me up to 90 mph where we let off. While I was in front, he'd gain on me through each gear, but every time he shifted, he lost that gain and was still a couple feet behind. Just some info for those wondering!

Return to “Customer Satisfaction”