Tuning Experience, SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

Please post your feedback on Xtreme Racing Tuning service to you.
Thank you very much
ScoobyTT

Tuning Experience, SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

Post by ScoobyTT »

I was recommended to Edward by a friend of mine during a "car down" time, :). I can laugh now but then I was nowhere near humored. I had opted to tune with a guy that clearly did not match up to his claims, nevertheless, Edward got me back up and running. And from there we kept in contact. Soon enough I was interested in original venture, tuning. I have to say, Edward is very knowledgeable, patient and professional. He has been able to share alot with me, and I am far from knowing nothing now as I was before, but still no where near to the teacher. I am very grateful for this information and knowledge, ;) Well since we started tuning, I've never looked back. The car is TOTALLY different. My confidence in Edward has grown and is evident in the performance of my car and the grin on my face in WOT. I would easily recommend any enthusiast looking to tune on any level to Edward. Trust me, you're in great hands.

Excellent Tuning, Great Guy, Priceless advice = Satisfied Customer!

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=88&t=331
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: Tuning Experience, SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

Post by west_minist »

Thank you, but I would have wish you related more of your original problem and the eagerness of new "tuners", not willing to understand, but take people work and try to match it or as their own work. Even last night, I had to correct a problem of a friend where he allow some wanna be tuner to load a rom, making him frightened of the car poor performance.
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: Tuning Experience, SATISFIED CUSTOMER!

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... rt=10#p975
ScoobyTT wrote:So 2 quick updates:

DBW Tuning Experience - After Edward made changes, I noticed a sharper, more responsive throttle. a lot less effort required to engage power from the engine. WOT feeling at about 50-60% throttle. Took some getting used to, as she was more "sensitive" so to speak. It was a little awkward at first, but tuning forced me to get more in feel with the car, more intimate if I would say. Once I got used to it, it was good. It became easier to understand the car's expected reaction to my actions. Initially, I didn't quite understand what aspects of the Legacy were DBW, but I thought the ability to alter the throttle response with tuning was great, real interesting stuff. As usual, Edward's guidance was golden as I "relearned" my own car :D .

Power Loss - It started to get more noticeable about 2-3 weeks now. A considerable loss in power in high boost, car would make this skipping noise, sort of pulsing sound. Only @ WOT I would get this. Working with Edward, and at the height of my frustration :evil: , everything seems to point to a leaking BOV. When the boost psi was reduced to 14, I would not get the issue, it only occurred if the PSI went beyond 14 or 14.5 or so. On my boost guage, this is equivalent to 1 Bar. So anything over 14.5 psi/1 Bar causes a problem. So I'll soon be going with an aftermarket BOV, hoping that is the problem, praying actually, :roll: .
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... p=994#p994
Date: Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: Have fun :)
To: SOCOB SOCOB <socob.bb@gmail.com>

So v37. The response of the car is back! Power n tq seem instant. At
WOT its still not what I rem it to be, but its the best its been in
months. The antilag is well, for the least, interesting. It makes me
have to drive her differently. During shifts, without gas she
backfires, so its almost like she needs a lil throttle, lol. This
however brings immediate power n tq as soon as I'm in the next gear.
Makes for high speed shifting fun n power! I still don't know what the
term antilag means, but I know how it feels, lol! I have not been this
excited driving my car in months. I guess she needs new plugs, and
I'll see what the leak tests come up with. Also need to get that wb
logging asap. Will give her a full service month end plugs and oil.

Return to “Customer Satisfaction”