Total Weight: 1750kg

Mods
None

Weather:-
west_minist
Site Admin

v5 Review

Post by west_minist »

Alex received tremendous help on diagnostics with his car with a LPG installed that was done incorrectly. I find this typical of all LPG installs that are leakings. Poor installation habits by installers.

Below is his review on v5. I requested a full review from him.
Sent: Sunday, 14 August 2016 05:28
To: west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com
Subject: Re: v5a

Hi Ed a quick update after 300km of driving. The car is a pleasant thing to drive. The gear changes are smoother than before and very adequate. I don't know if the longer driving give the ecu time to learn but now I think everything is as supposed to be-smooth power delivery and shifting.
Overall great I am impressed.
Have a nice Sunday
Alex
west_minist
Site Admin

Review - Full

Post by west_minist »

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 11:14 AM
To: west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com
Subject: Re: v5a

l'd like to write a short review for the tuning process done by XRT. Edward is very helpful and kind walking me through the tuning process. He is on duty almost 24 hours and that is not exaggerated, I don't know when he sleeps. The time difference between my country and Barbados is seven hours, but Ed replies even in the middle of the night as I calculated. He resolved some of the minor pre-tune problems that the car had like leak from the air box (very common problem in these models by the way check it if you are planning a tune), AVICS solenoid malfunction and so on. This is the time to say that if you are panning to do a tune be prepared to change some things that Ed will diagnose for sure. That is a collateral damage to your wallet but it is an absolute must for good results.
About the tune: As you all probably felt the same way I was nervous when I reset the OEM ECU for the first time and installed the v1. But since that the satisfaction of driving my Scuby is tremendous. The shifting is better and with a good torque from the low RPM to the rev limit. The shifting is faster and you feel the extra power, although I added headers to my tune project and it is even better since than. The thinking before changing to lower gear of the old gear box is now a thing of the past. You have no problems to overpass and you feel much more confident.
Overall very satisfied with the tune, will recommend Ed to anyone that wants a proper Subaru tune and extraction a few horsepower from this wonderful engine.
Thank you Ed

Return to “Subaru H6 3.0”