https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... _EZ_engine
Keems3.0R

Re: v20a1 - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE - 4000Ft Elevation

Post by Keems3.0R »

west_minist wrote:
Subject: V20a1 logs
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 21:26:31 -0700
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>

she felt VERY smooth on the power delivery n smooth overall...
Honestly felt really good in automatic and sport shifting modes in sport and sport sharp(#)
This ROM was the most well rounded tune with power throughout the whole rpm range! Just wants to go when you put your foot down, even at the lower rpms and in 5th gear, no more bogging down when stepping on the gas! Im am super happy with the way V20a1 felt, made me want to keep driving her harder n faster!! FUN FUN!! :D
v20a1 - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png
west_minist
Site Admin

v22 Feedback

Post by west_minist »

Sent: Monday, 7 September 2015 10:56 PM
To: XRT
Subject: Re: v22

Ed, You've done it again!! ROM V22 is beyond what i could have expected or imagined! as you know with all these lil hiccups that shes been having throughout this whole tuning process, and we are getting close to fixin all the lil bugs and issues.

Finally she feels like a Whole Rounded Beast of a 3.0R!! In all Rpm's for crusing/driving around is awsome, you really feel the gas pedal feel like it just wants to be smashed down to the floor, it feels lighter than ever. Before tuning, there was alot of tension behind the gas pedal and when i would try to accelerate it would bog down n take a long time for the power to come. Now, its press and go, no matter what Rpm or what gear, if your trying to pass another car or go up a hill! The shifting is smoother than ever and downshifting from any gear in automatic is with ease!

The throttle lag has been deminished and no longer lingers around, Ed has fully tuned the DBW/TCU in ways i couldnt imagine comming into this tuning process! This is by far the best ROM yet, V22 is amazing all around!

Thanks Ed!

Doing these Gear pulls for logging was Thrilling!!! She was pulling so hard to redline, shifted fast n crisp, On to the next gear...that was the most fun ive had in a long time while doing these pulls!!!
west_minist
Site Admin

Bad AVCS Solenoid placed on the Left Side - Looking at the E

Post by west_minist »

Bad AVCS Solenoid placed on the Left Side - Looking at the engine
Miss-Firing #2.png
Miss-Firing #2.png (26.53 KiB) Viewed 17483 times
Keems3.0R

Re: ChrisKu - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by Keems3.0R »

Updated Modifications to the 08 USDM 3.0R

Bmc OTA Intake
-Replaces cosmos Filter elemnet
-Creates a Ram Air Intake Setup...More Straight and direct airflow into the into Kakimotor Intake Chamber and on into Inatke manifold

*As for The Installation of the Bmc OTA filter, it was rather easy, just had 2 take of the cosmos CAI fliter element and install the Bmc OTA chamber in its place. Had to chop off a couple inches of the CAI intake tube but it actually made the air flow more direct(see pics). As for the Air Inlet Tube...I placed an AEM prefilter Hydro Guard(as i live in the mountains for rain/snow deterrant, so moisture wont find its way up into intake system). Then, my original thought for placing air inlet was in the front lower grille area(thats why i installed lower grille, to hide the air inlet tube)..but there is no room between radiator support and back of bumper..id have to chop my way thru there to route tubing,...so my next thought was taking out the fog light assembly and hooking air inlet to back of fog light bezel as it has a 3.25" diameter..havent fully thought this one out yet as i dont really want to rock 1 fog light, so if i go this route, id take both fog lights out(as i dont use them, rarely)..and make a black diamond mesh inset for both for light bezels..right now the air inlet pplacement is in front of the passenger side wheel, coming out of the splash guard plastic(made a 2.75" hole). In the pics, you will see little black disc, that the air inlet. Will Post updates if i end up routing tubing thru fog light bezel with custom mesh. Enjoy!

*As for how she felt on my test drive...WOOHOO! the power gain down low was impressive..The 3.0R flew thru the Rpm range! Im definately glad that i installed the Bmc OTA..heres pics of the install process before and after..the result...AMAZING! Paired with the Kakimotor Racing Inatke chamber and the Bmc OTA = Insane intake system combo! The low to mid range power is outstanding, she pullsn so HARD its unbilieveable from how she was before i started tuning and or upgrading intake system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y70aoch1Xk

In Process of installing New front Grille Jdm Style w/Black Mesh and a Black Mesh Front Lower Grille..Will Update hen front grill gets installed
Attachments
Intake Parts BMC OTA
Intake Parts BMC OTA
intakeparts1.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 12238 times
Close up of BMC OTA intake setup
Close up of BMC OTA intake setup
intakepic4.jpg (99.28 KiB) Viewed 12238 times
Intake System Setup
Intake System Setup
intakepic3.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 12238 times
Ram Air Thru Fog Light Bezel
Ram Air Thru Fog Light Bezel
2015-09-30 11.37.00.png (306.33 KiB) Viewed 17304 times
Last edited by Keems3.0R on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Keems3.0R

Post by Keems3.0R »

Front Grill Upper and Lower Mods

-Jdm 08 Legacy Black Front Grille With Black Mesh(adding Blue Subaru Emblem)
-GrillCraft Front Lower Grill Black Diamond Mesh

Heres Before Pics and After..Have not recieved Upper Grille yet, but once installed ill post updated pics! :D

*Next Mods will be on the rear end,Suspension,DBA Rotors, & STI Enkei Shoes... as im getting ready to install JDM STI Legacy rear lip spoiler with light bar!* Starting to get sexy Legacy !! ;)
Attachments
Heres The New Grille(Unpainted) Without Badge
Heres The New Grille(Unpainted) Without Badge
2015-09-30 11.27.52.jpg (365.88 KiB) Viewed 17304 times
Before Pics Without Upper and lower Grilles, Ready To Get Fresh!
Before Pics Without Upper and lower Grilles, Ready To Get Fresh!
2015-09-24 21.26.32.jpg (278.18 KiB) Viewed 17312 times
Lower Grill Black Diamond Mesh Installed
Lower Grill Black Diamond Mesh Installed
2015-09-24 21.25.14.jpg (302.3 KiB) Viewed 17312 times
Last edited by Keems3.0R on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keems3.0R

Post by Keems3.0R »

V24a-c Fine Tuning ROM's

The finish line in the tuning process is nearly here. Ed and I are at Rom V24c. A long long way from where we started and how the 3.0R was before this whole process began. The original complaints about the DBW Lag has been aken care of and is a distant memory(even my GF used to complain about the DBW lag..lol)...You give it gas and it GOES! Even the work Ed had done with the tranny has been amazing, especially how fast the tranny(5EAT) will downshift under load/up a hill/overtaking car, now you barely have to press on the gas to get a reaction, a far cry from having to press the gas down almost all the way...definately did not expect the tinkering that Ed did with the tranny, its smooth as butter(sometimes you cannot feel the shifts) and how much better and firmer the shifts are! Now being in automatic is actually Fun to drive the 3.0R,its the the TCU knows how i drive in the manual mode and applies that to the automatic mode, and i dont need to switch to manual mode just to pass another car, now i just press the gas and she takes off!! Being in the automatic mode in either sport or sport sharp feels almost exactly like your in the manual mode in terms of throttle response(in auto there still was mild DBW lag/power delivery lag) & power delivery, its all there and always feels like she just wants to keep going and going...Lately it has been hard just trying to keep her at a reasonable speed...lol...Ed has really transformed this 3.0R into a whole new Animal!
This is the fine tuning process and sometimes can be hard to feel slight differences in the ROM's...but through it all one thing was constant...The Gear pulls got quicker, gear shifts got firmer, and she kept pulling harder and harder! The Bottom and Mid range thru the Rpm's have gotten so much better,they used to be non existant, but it now feels like theres 3 power bands..low, mid, and top and each one feels like im being pushed further bak into my seat! its a wonderful feeling!!
Living at 4000ft in elevation hinders some of the potential power gains i could be enjoying if i lived at sea level, but despite the lack of air, Ed has really gotten so much out of my 3.0R with very minor mod's(all bolt on's)..His Knoweledge and expertise has really shown and must have been quite a challange dealing with my lack of air and elevation situation, as none of my logs have been very consistent because there are very few straight roads to log gear pulls, even so, ed seems to know just how pull out all out her power/torque and hold nothing back!
one of these days, ill take the 3.0R down to sea level and do some gear pulls so Ed can make a dyno chart to see her max with all the air she can get!
I am Very Much Pleased and Blown away with the status of the 3.0R, i couldnt have asked for anything more, Ed has met and surpassed all expectations!

Here is a Video of My 08 3.0R on ROM V24b From a Standing Start 0-100(bout 16sec)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F82n5bP ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
V24c Dyno Graph
V24c Dyno Graph
v24c dyno.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 17305 times
west_minist
Site Admin

v25 Review

Post by west_minist »

...lol
so shifting feels great, i love how firm it is even when im not on full throttle, n it great when im doing gear pull cuz it hits hard n fast when shifting, no more srallin out/laggin during shift...now auto feels like manual and all the gears feel like they pull harder!!! i was in sport sharp manual 4th gear(round 2300rpm) n was climbing a hill n pressed down on gas n it pulled like it was in 3rd gear, needle jumped n jus pulled, no need to go down to 3rd gear(and i even passed a car too!!!)...everything is working great, feeling great, now were jus waiting for rallymax!!!! holy crap i cannot wait......its gunna b insane if u say it does what it does!!! especially happy that the fuel will b more oxygenated for up here in higher elevation!!!
west_minist
Site Admin

Post by west_minist »

EGR Valve replaced after serious Idle issues occurred.
Attachments
IMG-20151008-WA012.jpg
IMG-20151008-WA012.jpg (144.34 KiB) Viewed 17426 times
IMG-20151008-WA013.jpg
IMG-20151008-WA013.jpg (236.42 KiB) Viewed 17426 times
IMG-20151008-WA011.jpg
IMG-20151008-WA011.jpg (168.04 KiB) Viewed 17426 times
west_minist
Site Admin

vprmfmv26 - Race Stats on Chevron 91 | Elevation = 1910ft

Post by west_minist »

vprmfmV26 Race Stats.png