Weather data

Other forum:-
west_minist
Site Admin

AMR Tuned

Post by west_minist »

Currents logs from AMR tuned
Tuned by AMR - Critical Ignition Related issues.png
Tuned by AMR - Critical Ignition Related issues.png (12.44 KiB) Viewed 10844 times
Tuned by AMR - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png
Tuned by AMR - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 9771 times
Tuned by AMR - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png
Tuned by AMR - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 9771 times
Attachments
Pinging Issues.png
Pinging Issues.png (45.18 KiB) Viewed 10846 times
west_minist
Site Admin

First Review

Post by west_minist »

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... ount=21895
Subject: Pics for XRT
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 18:54:43 -0400
To: west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com

Ed,

So basically heres the story to why I removed my ECU

my adventure with Xtreme Racing Tuning (known as XRT) started back last December when a future friend of mine (we know him on the boards as Perscitus) convinced me to switch from the tune we were both on to XRT. I was hesitant at first, like the first time I decided to mod my car but over time I saw the changes that new tune made and decided I wanted it. Problem was I just bought a house and had to wait.

Come April I had the go ahead to do it, but I knew I couldn't do it alone because I used an ECUTek tune which was locked and I didn't have the software to unlock it. In early May I met up with Perscitus to unlock the ECUTek tune and bring in XRT, however we couldn't do it. I called my old shop and asked why, and it turns out they put a custom locked tune that we couldn't access. We were told we could write it but not read. (We couldn't do either)

Needless to say we decided to take the two cars out and see the difference in the tunes. Our builds are very similar so a pretty close comparison can be made since the only big difference is the tune.

I only got to drive Perscitus's XRT tuned 3.6R for about 10-15 minutes so I only got a taste, and boy was it enjoyable. Compared to my current tune (well previous now the ECU is out), XRT gave me consistent, predictable and reliable control of his car. The throttle felt significantly heavier than in my car which gave me confidence. When I pushed the throttle down, I knew EXACTLY how much power I was going to get: compared to mine which often was "SURPRISE!". The transmission shifts were crisp, quick and honestly I could barely feel them compared to my car which felt a bit herky-jerky. The icing on the cake was the power differences: Perscitus was able to walk me in 4th gear. I needed to downshift to 3 to prevent the gap from growing any further. To give an idea of the differences, on my way home from Perscitus's I kept right up with a Sti from 65-110. I will end up giving a review on the 3.6R mod page when the ECU gets back to me (hopefully this weekend)

Fast forward a few days and after some debugging from Tactrix it turns out we could neither read nor write as it was locked in both regards. I called the shop and requested a remote unlock which they refused to do. The options were to send them my ECU so they could flash me back to stock, or drive the 7 hours in order to unlock it. Neither were acceptable because they offer remote tuning options on their website and I didn't want to tear my car apart just to put the stock tune back on, hope they fully re-flashed it back so it was unlocked, and have to wipe it and put XRT tune

So after a week of talking with Tactrix and XRT, I decided I was going to remove the ECU and ship to Tactrix in California where they would not only unlock my ecu, they would upload XRT. Here are the pictures of me taking the ECU out. (In a 5th Gen legacy they are located behind the glove box, not under the passenger foot well like in many other Subarus.
Attachments
0514160906a.png
0514160906a.png (360.95 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0514160859b.png
0514160859b.png (263.96 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0514160859a.png
0514160859a.png (440.15 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0514160859.png
0514160859.png (490.83 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0513162131.png
0513162131.png (383.59 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0513162129a.png
0513162129a.png (521.66 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
0513162120.png
0513162120.png (330.41 KiB) Viewed 10776 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Review

Post by west_minist »

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... count=1959
I finally switched over to XRT from an old tuner which I got in July 2015. The car also had upgraded raptor headers, racing cats, a custom midpipe and ultraquiet resonator.

At first I loved the car, mainly because the increase in power was obvious and delightful. Over time though the limitations were quite obvious. The biggest one was global timing was almost always between 55-65% of maximum so power was always left on the table. In addition the throttle was very touchy and I never quite knew what kind of power I was going to get. As I learned more about the car, I noticed the power dropped off of a cliff at 5000 rpm and I ran out of gas.

I switched to Xtreme Racing Tuing after Perscitus convinced me in early November. House obligations pushed me back until April when I was finally able to switch over. Of course even that wasn't easy as I learned my tune was locked. My ECU had to be removed and shipped to a Tactrix who I trusted (and after this trust even more so) so I could have the ECU unlocked, wiped and flashed with XRT.

XRT Rev 0 was uploaded on thursday. Ed's base tune was miles better then the last tune was at its best time. Immediately after turning my car back to life, I heard the super smooth, quiet idle. I knew instantly this was a much better tune with more knowledgeable tuner. I felt the heavier, more precise throttle (same when I drove Perscitus's car) and as I merged onto the highway I felt the power. Smooth, linear all the way to redline. As I drove and logged the car, the power continue to rise as the car kept learning what it could do. The only imperfection I found was a deadpoint in the beginning of the throttle. That might have been from the tune, but more likely was because I was used to the throttle issue before.

V1 was loaded last night and I got to drive her today. Holy crap the car is fast now, she will pull way past 3rd gear (105+) and its much stronger at all RPMS.

Ed is amazing to work with, hes a brilliant tuner who knows exactly how to extract the power from our cars. He will push you to learn, as he is also always learning more and applying it to our cars. (Michal just recently uploaded a new revision after several months, and as much as he loved XRT before, the car just got another gear)

I know there is more work to be done, but I am delighted to be working with Ed on this as he obviously cares about our N/A cars in a way that few do.
west_minist
Site Admin

30-80Mph

Post by west_minist »

west_minist
Site Admin

v8d 1/2 Mile data

Post by west_minist »

v8d half Mile Time.png
v8d half Mile Time.png (77.57 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Power Drag Pull.png
Power Drag Pull.png (94.63 KiB) Viewed 9092 times