Post by west_minist »

v0a 3rd Gear Dyno SAE.png
v0a 3rd Gear Dyno SAE.png (25.86 KiB) Viewed 6064 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Customer review

Post by west_minist »

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTu ... 2917522895
I contacted Ed from Xtreme Racing Tuning after I got tired of waiting for Matt form ThrottleHappy to send me a mere second version of a tune from him. Been running TH's v1 for a year. The v1 was good compared to stock, but he promised more versions which were supposed to be even better. Sadly, no updates even after repeated messages. I mean, I have visibly physically aged since I last heard from him... Don't waste your money on ThrottleHappy. Ed has been nothing but awesome. He's very knowledgeable and quick to respond to your noob questions. The tuning is a process that takes several steps to get started and several more once Ed sends you the first version. Just stick with it and Ed will guide you through it. You will need a Tactrix Openport with a cable, your laptop and some software you'll need to buy, and a bit of a traffic-free wide open road, where you can log some gear pulls. My 2014 Outback feels much better than it did stock. I've gained a little bit of power with 93 octane fuel (just don't expect any miracles trying to tune a NA engine), but it's the everyday drivability that's much improved. Of course the 4th gen Outback with the H-4 is not a fast car. It's not even a quick car, even with a manual thransmission. The factory stock throttle mapping could be so much better though. There's a strange delay from the time you depress the pedal to the actual throttle, the power seems to drop off slightly at 2500 rpm before coming back on, the gas pedal to throttle ratio seems off and that ratio seems to change depending on the current mood of the ECU. Now, Subarus are know for some of these weird issues. Maybe they're all there for a reason that's beyond my understanding, but none of the other many modern cars with throttle-by-wire that I've own or driven seemed to have these quirks. Ed's tuning eliminates all of these issues. I highly recommend getting your Subaru remotely tuned by Ed from Xtreme Racing Tuning!!

Return to “Subaru FB20/FB25 Tuning (Impreza / Legacy / XV Crosstrek)”