Subaru Tuning that affects 5EAT Operations & Performance

Important specifics in relation to XRT tuning
west_minist
Site Admin

RyanT - 2006 USDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

2014/11/20
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67- ... ost2254889
Just flashed v4 and went for a drive and want to give some notes about everything so far.

1. Gear changes: to me, absolutely the best thing about this service. In manual, it shifts much quickly versus a long delay. In auto, I remember driving around before I even knew about Ed/XRT and absolutely hating the gear changes. Coming out of turns was one of the worst - I'd turn, then throttle, then nothing. Annoying. Like its broken. All that gone. Driving around, its just all smooth too. Before, the car didn't know what gear it wanted to be in. Cruising along, pressing the gas, it may or may not downshift, or it may just do nothing, or it might just try to increase speed but it wouldn't. Now, its predictable. If it wants to downshift, it will and you're off. OR because I think he's changed some of the fueling/mapping or however it works, it doesn't even have to downshift and will start going. Really nice. I haven't had a chance to take it on major uphills, where I know it was really annoying - constantly up and down shifting. I did take it on a minor hill - decent grade just short - and I was cruising all nice - a single downshift and without pressing on the gas further - the thing just started taking off uphill!!! Can't wait to take it to the mountains.

2. Torque/power: I don't know how the tuning totally works and can't totally distinguish between better tranny response versus engine torque/power, but here's what I feel so far. Straight up 2nd gear/ 3rd gear pulls feels a little better than stock. Where I can really feel a little extra power is in manual mode. Maybe I never drove the car hard enough before, but maybe it never felt like this before. It just kind of goes when you put the gas on. It feels strong. It feels confident. It feels like a real machine. Makes we want to drive it in manual mode all the time. It is just more fun.
2015-10-28
Customer DBW-5EAT completed Stage 1 tuning remnants, along with general ECU retuning

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/337 ... st135.html
.........I've said it before and I'll say it again, the improved responsiveness of the tranny is well worth it by itself. And I think Ed had some updates again to the tranny and, well, wow. It shifts great, at the right time, responds to WOTs, and does what you want it to. In manual mode, it shifts much faster than stock. I noticed when I loaded stock - in manual, it takes what feels like an eternity to finally shift after you press up/down - not post-XRT. Very confident in passing situation and anytime I need to go.
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisKu - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=582
west_minist wrote:
Subject: V11c1 Logs
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:01:38 -0700
To: XRT

Here are logs from V11c1...i am very please with the way she feels now on this ROM...shifting,power delivery, torque....in auto and in manual modes i like the way she feels...not sluggish at all even in the lower rpms if i need to pass or give a lil gas or to climb a hill...no problem now...no throttle lag at all in any mode or gear for any reason yet that I have encountered...she feels strong when i did a couple pulls...she just feels like she wants to go, peeppy, I like it! i cannot wait till I get the rest of the exhaust system on and the new torque box/racing intake chamber by kakimoto...very smooth cruising
.................... Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills.

In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response.

Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go!

Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th!

The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting.

Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before!

Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=582&start=10#p1808
Keems3.0R wrote: On to Rom V16..The Throttle Response due to the lag has been adjusted so that when i give it gas, it goes! Its a great feeling...
With the Full exhaust system in place she has a Beautiful Raspy Rumble Created by the Raptor Headers w/High flow Cats. The new exhaust system plus the Ecu tuning allows me to move thru the rpm range ALOT faster than before! Its like night and day from how the 3.0R was before I started tuning with Ed.

Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

We are close to finishing the Ecu tuning, but so far i am BEYOND please with all that ED has done with the 3.0R! :D Once the Kakimoto Racing Intake Chamber arrives/installed itll be the last mod i do for the 3.0R. Minor tuning adjustments might need to be made. Ive just received ROM V17. Review Comming Soon.
Sent: Monday, 7 September 2015 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: v22

Ed, You've done it again!! ROM V22 is beyond what i could have expected or imagined! as you know with all these lil hiccups that shes been having throughout this whole tuning process, and we are getting close to fixin all the lil bugs and issues.

Finally she feels like a Whole Rounded Beast of a 3.0R!! In all Rpm's for crusing/driving around is awsome, you really feel the gas pedal feel like it just wants to be smashed down to the floor, it feels lighter than ever. Before tuning, there was alot of tension behind the gas pedal and when i would try to accelerate it would bog down n take a long time for the power to come. Now, its press and go, no matter what Rpm or what gear, if your trying to pass another car or go up a hill! The shifting is smoother than ever and downshifting from any gear in automatic is with ease!

The throttle lag has been deminished and no longer lingers around, Ed has fully tuned the DBW/TCU in ways i couldnt imagine comming into this tuning process! This is by far the best ROM yet, V22 is amazing all around!

Thanks Ed!

Doing these Gear pulls for logging was Thrilling!!! She was pulling so hard to redline, shifted fast n crisp, On to the next gear...that was the most fun ive had in a long time while doing these pulls!!!
...lol
so shifting feels great, i love how firm it is even when im not on full throttle, n it great when im doing gear pull cuz it hits hard n fast when shifting, no more srallin out/laggin during shift...now auto feels like manual and all the gears feel like they pull harder!!! i was in sport sharp manual 4th gear(round 2300rpm) n was climbing a hill n pressed down on gas n it pulled like it was in 3rd gear, needle jumped n jus pulled, no need to go down to 3rd gear(and i even passed a car too!!!)...everything is working great, feeling great, now were jus waiting for rallymax!!!! holy crap i cannot wait......its gunna b insane if u say it does what it does!!! especially happy that the fuel will b more oxygenated for up here in higher elevation!!!
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... 1864#p1864
hey ed, did another driving log late tonight when no one was on the road...just a driving log in sport sharp...felt great! idle is very smooth again..i did a short idle session in the beginning of log holding at 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000rpms...
then i took her up a couple grades and thru a windy road section n back out onto the hwy from a stand still, then at the end of log theres a big downshift in auto up the bigger hill climb into my town...it downshifted from 55mph in 5th all the way to 2nd gear n redlined thru 3rd...
was very smooth on throttle when steay crusing too...it did a wonderful thing too as i was getting into my neigborhood, i was creepin in 2nd gear very slow n theres a tiny hill u climb n pull into my driveway...holding the throttle steady in 2nd, whithout any throttle change, it downshifted into 1st by itself! it was awsome! it did one other time when i was crusing thru town in 4th steady on throttle n then it downshifted into 3rd without me pushing on pedal! it was cool...it was almost reading my mind/driving style if it were manual....crazy...
overall felt great, no complaints so far on vprmV27...pulls hard in 2nd!! n all other gears too...lol...
2015-10-29
log1-sport sharp driving log...started out in auto mode, slowly, progressivly getting faster n more aggressive on the shifting...slowing down, speeding up, so that the tranny can shift up n down a bunch..while i was in the automatic sport sharp driving mode, it felt very smooth and firm on the shifting, again it felt as if i was driving in the manual mode, the biggest difference in the auto mode is 5th gear(especially climbing a hill)...when you put your foot down, it goes, pulls away and most of the time it doesnt even need to downshift anymore, unless i wanna pass someone up a grade/hill...its a great feeling having it holfd the gear and not bogging down anymore and just having the power there wen u want it and not having to wait for it to catch up from the time you put your foot down..
shifted into manual mode on the big down hill grade so i dont have to use my brakes as much..lol
2016-02-04
By email
on the way down i tried to get the tranny to do some upshifting and downshifting while i was on my cruise. the shifting, as also was smoother than ever..quick and firm shifts, made me smile. Stepping on the throttle gave very good and quick response, like i was in manual mode...
2016-02-16
Keems3.0R wrote:V31b ROM Review
WOW! Ed, This ROM was truly one of the best ROM's youve made for my 08 3.0R H6! Was an absolute blast to drive, in any situation! Crusing, climbing hills, passing/overtaking, Gear pulls/Drag racing, Spirited Driving on Windy/Canyon roads...it was truly as well rounded ROM tuned for any and all driving situations! On, this logging seesion, i did not once take it out of automatic mode, and that is big in my books! I usually love driving in the manual shifting mode, but this time, in automatic mode, it shifted as if i were shifting and it was acting like i was driving it in the manual shifting mode, It was reading my mind!!! :D The way the tranny would upshift in crusing mode, but then would downshift if i started climbing a hill or wanted a lil extra power to overtake another vehicle! Cannot remember the last time i drove in only automatic, it was a blast! Beyond that, the shifting was smooth as butter, like always and the power was, ON DEMAND! even in 5th gear, it felt like i was in 3rd gear, give gas and it goes, very peppy! just how i like it, the DBW adjustments were just right!! Sea Level logging/Gear pulls will be comming soon...
west_minist
Site Admin

Perscitus - 2010 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... count=1791

Very crisp, quick throttle response all around
Great low and mid RPM torque and power delivery in any gear
Strong high RPM and WOT pulls (she pulls hard well above 6K RPM)
Butter smooth idle

Drastically better 5EAT behavior (gear selection, holding, engine braking, shifts in auto and manual mode)

Hats off to Ed for his work! We are almost done I bet, just refining at this point.
XRT Tuned Subaru Legacy 3.6R 5EAT - Manual Mode 3rd 4th gear
XRT Tuned Subaru Legacy 3.6R 5EAT - Auto Mode 50 100mph

2015-10-13 - XRT Stage 3 DBW-5EAT Tuning Feedback
BTW, the latest DBW settings are great, I LOVE the throttle response especially when cruising on the highway and trying to add more throttle or off the line. Its very very crisp. Its a clear difference from earlier which was already very good.
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisLiz - 2008 ADM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

Subject: RE: v2
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 05:42:52 +1000
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>

Hi Edward,

I loaded V.2 on Sunday morning and then we went for a 45min drive to the
north side of the city, this was the first time I have driven the car post
the start of tuning with all the family in the car, out for a normal drive.
It was sensational, it's a shame I didn't log some of it, plenty of
moderately steep long winding hills, that the car used to struggle to hold
speed 60km/h, now it holds it perfectly, without much throttle change it
shifted now and then to maintain speed up the winding hills, but I hardly
noticed the shift since it was so smooth. You have managed to tune this car
and remove all of the frustrating things about it that I think Subaru were
too lazy to address.

I am sorry I have not had a chance to look for the small intake or exhaust
leaks you have identified but will get to them when I can. Attached are some
logs post v.2, both Smode and S#.

We are heading up the mountains in a couple of weeks' time and it's a good 2
hour with cruising at 110km/h and then 45min of climbing to around 1100m, so
I look forward to logging some of this trip and seeing how the car goes.

Thanks again, the car is a dream and joy to drive.

Best Regards

Chris
Whatsapp 2015-09-11
Hi Edward, I loaded v.4, man the car is like a scalded cat ready to pounce. I still haven't decided if it's too sensitive, who would have thought such a boring car(before any tuning) could be so different and dynamic. I love it. But it's a lot of fun
west_minist
Site Admin

AndreK - 2013 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

Subject: Re: v2
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 23:28:44 -0300

Hi Edward, I used up all the 87 octane gas in the tank and refilled it with 91 octane and then loaded the v2 ROM.

Wow, what a difference. The car feels much stronger throughout the RPM range. I took some logs and then loaded the v2dbw ROM. Even better! When applying medium pressure to the throttle from around 1500 RPM the transmission downshifts smoothly and holds the gear much more predictably. Also when applying full throttle at highway speeds (5th gear) the downshift is less violent.

You also got rid of the throttle sensitivity a low speed / light throttle. It's much easier now to control the car in 1st gear off-road situations.Â
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3246186-post12.html
I have a 2013 3.6R Limited, it's my first automatic in almost 20 years. I love the car but not so much the transmission. I Lots of power from the engine but when combined with the lag from the drive-by-wire throttle and the hard shifting trans (under load) it's been making me miss my stick shift. I've been reading about ECU programming and was curious when I saw this thread. After some additional research and reading the testimonials about Edward at XtremeRaceTuning.com I decided to take the plunge and reflash my ECU.

I must say Edward is a professional and a pleasure to work with. We're currently on version 3 of the ECU ROM and I'm very happy with the results. The throttle lag is gone and the car feels much stronger throughout the RPM range. When applying medium pressure to the throttle from around 1500 RPM the transmission downshifts smoothly and holds the gear much more predictably. Also when applying full throttle at highway speeds (5th gear) the downshift is now less violent. In tuning the engine timing to get the most performance out of the stock engine it's been necessary to switch to 91 octane but that's a small price to be for all the extra fun I'm getting out of the car.

ECU tuning isn't for everyone, it's not a 15 minute process and requires some dedication to the testing process to get the settings just right. But Edward is patient and experienced with Subarus and in my opinion definitely someone you want to work with if you're going to do this.
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisK - 2005 USDM Subaru Legacy Outback XT 2.5 5EAT - Tunin

Post by west_minist »

2015-10-11
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3321665-post17.html
I don't have any videos so, I am posting here. Frank has been relatively solid and trustworthy for the last few hundred miles...that's a big deal for Frank. I have finally been able to live with the new 5EAT race programming, I think Ed called it.

It is nearly faultless. Meaning I have to try to fault it. The gears now hold into a much higher rpm...IF I keep the throttle even/constant...like to redline...if I want. Or, I can modulate the pedal too...smoothly upshift. Gone is the clunks and slams...that used to happen when it got a bit confused.

And this is in comparison to the previous tune...which was already XRT modified and way better than stock.

I would challenge any 3rd pedal rower to do as aggressive, efficient and smooth clutch operation...as what I have in XRT 5EAT.
2015-10-16
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3337561-post18.html
Thanks...you see them for what they truly are...it's not the dress size...it's what is inside that counts.

I am getting closer to the track. The 5EAT updated, full on...tweeked and peaked...(ok, I think I am done)...race tune is so...so choice. It does exactly what I want...all the time. I have had 2 little hic-ups in about 300 miles. But that's it.
All city/urban/urban-highway miles. The XRT tuned 5EAT is my favorite part of my car. And, let me tell you...there is some big company in that statement.

Perrin, GrimmSpeed, AVO turboworld, MeganRacing, Whilteline, Koni.

Them's big shoes to be walking in.

I have been practicing my green lights. Left foot braking...I had been thinking about brake torquing...even with the AWD...kind of against the 5EAT...I have a auxiliary tranny cooler (that sounds bad)...so I can push it like that a little without worry. 2WD drag guys just light up the rear...

And it is more of a remedy for the DBW delay. Tuners can remove tons of it and give great throttle response....but it ain't no hard wire...So...so brake torque before the green is advantageous. I will be honest, Ed today...asked all of us in the 5EAT tuning group to brake torque our 0-60 and 1/8-1/4 times...

Nice. It is cool for this old guy...to be on the same page as my tuner. I have been doing it a bit today...feels a bit vulgar and decadent to be doing on the street...next to a minivan. Chassis rocks a bit...the haunches wind up...exhaust growls like tdck is wearing a muzzle.

Have I said my car is fun....:9:
2016-01-24
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/3663617-post65.html
west_minist
Site Admin

PaulD - 2007 ADM Subaru Outback H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=665
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2016 19:17
Subject: Re: v0

Hi Edward,

It feels much more responsive and up hills has more power without changing down, so pretty happy with that. Bringing the revs up was good and I can now pull away without the lag that was there.
west_minist
Site Admin

PeterV - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... =101&t=618
--------Message --------
Subject: Re: v2 logs
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 10:06:23 -0700
To: west_minist

Howdy Ed,

Here's my detailed review, finally...

I bought my '11 Outback 3.6 about half a year ago then had a custom exhaust system made that deleted the resonator...it was nice but the extra sound really made it apparent how very much the 5EAT was gear hunting. I was increasingly annoyed in normal traffic that up & down shifts were happening when not needed, usually just for a second or two. Of course I also really hated waiting 2-3 seconds for down shifts when immediate acceleration was needed, like yellow lights or quick stops for right turns.

Then I found a bunch of folks on SubaruOUtback.org that highly recommended Ed at XRT for not only making the 5EAT shift the way you want it to, but also squeezing more horse power and torque from the stock 3.6. Living a mile above sea level, of course I wanted the most power from my 3.6 as safely possible, and now that Ed has worked his magic, I'm really happy and Impressed!. The 5EAT shifts so intelligently and quickly now, NO MORE GEAR HUNTING, it's awesome. Before Ed's improvements, driving my car annoyed me, I liked it but wished it would perform correctly, shift when expected, jump when asked. Now I just LOVE driving my OB, it's a blast, more & immediate power, plus the 5EAT now does exactly what I want now, it's always in the right gear at the right time and never hunts or waits to shift. The bump in power is across the entire RPM range and really feels great,being naturalluy asperated, the 3.6 felt like it was gasping for air at this altitude, now with Ed's tweaks it breaths much easier, and so do I!

AND After sending Ed only one data log from my car he was able to diagnosis an intake leak...with another XRT customer's help we were able to pressure test my intake, find the leak and seal it. Which is another great thing about XRT, customers have a forum to chat with Ed and each other, sharing advice and knowledge about everything from wrenching to where to get parts, etc...and have fun.

Thanks Ed,

PeterV
west_minist
Site Admin

TimB - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=667&p=2038#p2038
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:40 AM
Subject: Re: Your review on the 5EAT

The indirect tuning that has been done to the 5EAT has made me love the car more. I used to drive in Auto all the time but now find myself often leaving it in manual and paddle shifting through the gears. It's not speedy quick but that's not the point for the general tune. It's a definite improvement over stock. It shifts much more smoothly and quickly. Downshifts are much more brisk and upshifts aren't as delayed. I don't really feel the car shifting anymore. It grabs much more efficiently and torque gets to the wheels quicker. I'm excited for Stage 1 or 2 someday.
west_minist
Site Admin

RonB - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=656
v1 Review
RonH6 wrote:Ed made my car transform with this one step up. The torque of my car is just unfathomable compared to the stock rom. With just a little bit of gas this legacy is ready to jump off the line. I could tell there is some extra punch in the mid range as well. Driving in auto in sport# is really sharp! Car is ready to zooom almost all the time. With more tweaks to come, i can only imagine how my legacy will feel. At this time, its a learning experience for me and the car. (Writing this after driving for 3 hours on and off). Sport# now is really a racing mode. Thanks Ed!
v1, v2, v2 Review
RonH6 wrote:Revisiting ROM V1's improvement, it totally unchained my 3.0 driving style. The throttle response became as quick as ever. As soon as i step on the gas the car wants to sprint. In terms of how my 5EAT operated, it shifted fast and aggressive. I love how it felt because the low end torque kept the car pulling no matter the transition. As i kept giving the car heavy throttle it started to learn to hold the gears in auto. I did notice that at the expense of this extra performance, the car burned noticeably more fuel. But i dont mind (Thats was a racing mode such as S# is for). On mild driving the car was still aggressive, i loved it. The gears changed quick and the car teased you to really give it all it has. In terms of the power, the low end torque was amazing and mid range power was hard.

ROM V2 - With this ROM, my subie took its time to learn how my driving style was. My 5EAT would shuffle the gears depending on what the throttle pressure was. In terms of power, when it was time for me to punch it, the car gallop as sustained. I found myself stepping on the throttle a little harder in auto to get that extra pull that i had felt with V1. The subie's torque was indeed there, but it wanted more pedal to push it. No doubt this version had better fuel economy, and good high end power.

ROM V3 - This was a very noticeable improvement coming from V2. The low end torque and throttle response in which i have received from from V1's versions came in just as hard and aggressive. The car learned my driving style quicker and the 5EAT shifted fast with mild throttle and heavy throttle. The 5EAT would hold the gears after 60% throttle to keep power. The difference in mid to high end power has been noted. Funny enough, fuel consumption seems to be better then V1. So more aggressive than V2, and better Fuel than V1.

Ed is doing an amazing job with my car. He is patient, observant, and tedious to how my car performs. Would recommend him to anyone in a second!
v4b Review
RonH6 wrote:As the tuning continues, rom V4b did not dissappoint. The most noticeable change personally is the top end power compared to lower rom versions. The strip in which i do my pulls on, i find myself at the redline in 2nd quicker than before. The gears shift quick and smooth until i press the gas hard enough and the car starts to hold the gears in auto. The 5EAT is responding almost in regards to the way i want to drive off jump. Its impressive considering where we started. The throttle response is very sharp and i love it. Sometimes i do anticipate a harder pull when i floor it compared to lets say 65% throttle, but considering the N/A power linearity, it seems accurate. The fuel consumption has held pretty constant considering previous roms aswell. Idle is slightly lower then previous versions too.

Ed - making my car a fun monster! A ROM at a time :)
v6 Review
RonH6 wrote:This update was an absolute charm! V6 with my CAI made my car actually break tires for a second @ 3700RPM~ pull!. The power delivery is near instant from when my foot is on the pedal. The torque hits the car hard and from 5000- to redline she pulls very hard. The 5EAT is trying to shift so fast that in auto, sometimes from 3rd it has to downshift back to second. The gears hold once i give it atleast 80% throttle. The fuel consumption got better even with me flooring it! ROM V6 works like a charm and compliments the CAI nicely! I love the highend POWAAA!!!

-Ed, can it get ANY better than this? I dont know :D. Ed the subaru guru.
v7b Review - Testing of XRT Stage 3 5EAT Indirect Tuning
RonH6 wrote:So i have got ROM V7b soley focused on bettering the 5EAT operations and responsiveness. And BOY!!! STAGE 3 makes a very very huge difference. In automatic the car shifts buttery smooth all the way to fifth - as FAST as possible in normal/cruising driving conditons. Before this upgrade, the car would hold back a TON of torque low end when i gave the car heavy throttle and launching speeds. That has been minimized substantially. When driving mildly aggressive, the 5eat holds the gears as long as you keep giving it the majority of throttle angle, then RAPIDLY shifts gears. With STAGE 3, you can feel that difference in shifting speeds. It just jumps from one gear to the next effortlessly. I have more control over my car with my foot in auto. It is easier to estimate how the car will accelerate when i press the gas for an overtake. Before the car would stutter on quick boosts off throttle, now it utilizes the gas rather than voiding it, and puts the power to the ground quicker than before. In manual mode, its a complete dream! I can brake-launch the car around 2000rpm and she flys! No more stuttering/ trying to hold back the power. STAGE 3 is a must if you want the best out of your 5eat experience. Let alone power to floor!

ED - THE GURU :)

Return to “Important: Tuning Specifics”